Blogger wasn't letting me in yesterday (Bad Blogger! Bad, Bad Blogger!), so I had to post this on my HSB blog. It took me like five stinkin' hours because I am still trying to figure out the new system over there.
Anyway... So yeah, it's late. But this time it actually isn't entirely my fault.
How about a Three-Week WrapUp? That’s about how long it’s been. I should have posted this last week. Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Oh and well.
There hasn’t been a whole lot of “school” going on here lately. While a few local schools got out this past week and the rest continue through this coming week, we cut out on May 19 and have already been on “summer vacation” and back. Summer vacation before Memorial Day, because… well, Just Because We Could.
But just because we took time off school doesn’t mean there wasn’t any ejamacayshun going on. Or should I say, ejavacayshun?
We ejavacayted ourselves on the road…
LITERATURE
MATH, LOGIC, LANGUAGE ARTS 


Good car stuff
ART APPRECIATION: FOLK ART
...and we ejavacayted ourselves at our destination.
U.S. GEOGRAPHY
EARTH SCIENCE
HISTORY
NATURE STUDIES
Part of a series of pics entitled 'Butterflies on Bear Poop', taken in the Park. I spared you the graphic ones with the huge lumps.
ANIMAL BEHAVIORAL SCIENCE
REGIONAL CULTURAL STUDIES
MUSIC
(cross-reference under 'Regional Cultural Studies")
We got lucky. Yes, it's Dolly, live and in person, if only briefly. She made a surprise appearance and did one song.
INTERNATIONAL CULTURAL STUDIES
P. E.
FIRST AID
You have to be pretty talented to get smacked in the face by the T-bar end of your OWN paddle. I had help from a nasty rock.
And probably best of all,
RECESS!!!
Over the mountains through steep hairpin turns, to our lovely cabin we go... (Bluff Mtn, Wears Valley TN)
That was called, “Posting vacation pictures under the thinly veiled guise of a Weekly WrapUp.” I am clever like that.
When we got home, there was a garden to put in, so the kids & I did that. Log under "Nutritional Studies" and/or "Home Ec".
Now we’re on a relaxed “summer school” schedule, which for the time being consists of a little math and scrapbooking/ power-pointing our trip. (That’s language arts, layout/design, and computer skills, you know.) Although I must confess that after all that fun stuff, pulling out the math books this past Wednesday just seemed sort of wrong.
*******************************************************

I love all the photos! What a great trip - lovely scenery, amazing places/things to do. Good for you! And how fun that you got to see Dolly sing! So sorry about that black eye - looks painful:(
ReplyDeleteAbout HSB - I don't know how to work most of it but I've been able to post. No one reads it, however, so I'm not sure what to do. I guess I'll continue to double post, as I've been doing.
I appreciate your list concerning your son's high school education. May I use some of your questions to measure how I'm doing with my own son? We are homeschooling through high school but I know there is more I need to be doing. Your list helped bring to mind areas that need work. I was wondering what you had decided (I prayed for you about this). Not that it's any of my business, just wondering how the Lord had led you. Your son is fortunate to have parents that are so concerned about his future. Some day, he'll appreciate that (if he doesn't already.)
Have a great week!
Kate
So I'm commenting here because every time I look at a blog on HSB and want to comment, I realize I'm logged out and have to log in, get sent to my page, then have to find the blog I was looking at again to comment. Plus, I'm with you about Captcha. I tend to have more trouble reading their word verifications.
ReplyDeleteI love the pictorial 3 week wrap up, btw! What a neat trip! Even the black eye. They're great conversation starters. ;o)Hope it's feeling better now.
Peace and Laughter,
Cristina
When was this posted? Monday? No matter.
ReplyDeleteNice job ;-)
And that cabin is amazing. I think I would move.
~C