Now that I've made an announcement somewhere in the middle, I'm not sure what that makes me. An intentional slacker, maybe.
I suppose you all are wondering what I've been doing during my hiatus. Nothing earth-shattering, sorry to say. Mostly stressing and obsessing-- and planning, among other things, the location of my padded cell. Because, although I never did say so here until now, we are, in fact, homeschooling Spaz for 9th grade. (And probably 10th and maybe just all the way through, but for now, it's enough to think about 9th.)
Yes, of course I should blog about how we came to that decision. There are a lot of things I should or could or would blog about. And perhaps I will...
But right now I'm on hiatus.
Or maybe I'm on sabbatical. That sounds even more intentional.
Or whatever. Maybe I'm just being a slacker.
*******************************************************
Sabbatical sounds more spiritual.
ReplyDelete~C
Hopefully not posting for a few weeks or months does not make one a slacker. If it does, I'll have to get the t-shirt, too. Don't want it.
ReplyDeleteWe should chat some time. I am curious as to why you decided to keep him home after all. I have been taking a sabbatical on reading blogs. Okay, I admit it - Facebook is just so much easier. It all comes to me and I don't have to go look for it.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, off to read all your back posts.
Sometimes I get so many things rolling around in my mind I don't know where to start blogging. Sometimes it just seems all so overwhelming and to blog about it is just too much.
ReplyDeleteI am back to homeschooling Blondie this year. I am so relieved. Some relatives don't agree - but they don't get a vote!
*snort* - yeah - been there, done that. lol I'm actually blogging right now, but I never know when my next hiatus, no, I like sabbatical, will pop up.
ReplyDeleteNice to hear from you - no matter how few and far between. :)
Your blog should be for you first and foremost. Blog when you a) want to, and b) can. We have enough "should dos" in our lives without adding blogs to the list!
ReplyDeleteI didn't realize you were homeschooling Spaz. Hm. If I was there, I would give you chocolate.
ReplyDeleteI am a bit concerned. I know you like to think. However, your thinking seems to be inconsistent. OF COURSE you have not done anything earth-shattering. How could you, if you have fallen off the surface of the earth?
ReplyDeleteThough now I am wondering if that thing I saw last week and thought was part of the Perseid Meteor showers may have been you zipping by. I'll never know.
I hope you soon come in orbit or whatever at least enough to blog again. You are missed.
Hey, I've been very sporadic with my blogging this summer, too. Or maybe this year, even. Don't sweat it (ooh, is that a pun in your area at the moment?) Not in my area - it's been cold for most of the summer here. I hope you don't mind me saying that I'm glad you are continuing to homeschool your son, even though it's difficult. I prayed for your decision. If that's the conclusion God lead you to, then He'll be there for you.
ReplyDeleteHang in there. We'll be here when you return.
- Kate